Welcome to enjoy the best recipes of Istanbul and Ankara area and Mediterranean landscapes. The dishes of our restaurant are cooked with exceptional skills and grilled on a genuine charcoal grate.
Traditional house style made bred served our special garlic butter is included all the dishes. Extra bred 3,50 €.
- Tzatziki, hummus and ezme (l,g) 12 €
- Tomato soup served with feta cheese (l,g) 12 €
- Shrimps with mango chutney (l,g) 16 €
- Escargots à la istanbul (l,g) 14 €
- Finnish pan fried ram testicles and honey joghourt (l,g) 16 €
In Turkey dinner begins with small starters, meze. Meze consist of variety of small dishes. Our meze-plate is an excellent proof of the richness of the Turkish kitchen and a great example of the Turkish way of life.
- Beyti-kebap (l) 28 €
- Oriental Adana (l,g) 28 €
- Iskender-kebap (l) 28 €
- Bahri´s Kebap Gratin (ll,g) 28 €
Lamb minced meat from Finnish Sea Lapland cooked on a wide skewer over charcoal in a way of the Adana city.
- Karides (l,g) 36 € Shrimps cooked on a skewer over charcoal, pea herb dressing, pan fried vegetables and jasmin rice
- Chargrilled Salmon (l,g) 28 € Chargrilled Salmon, tzatziki and pan fried vegetables
- Tavuk Shish (l,g) 27 € Pieces of chicken thigh from Finland cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce sauce *
- Creamy lamb pot (l,g) 27 € Creamy lamb pot and jasmin rice. Made from Finnish Sea Lapland sheep meat
- Kuzu Shish (l,g) 35 € Our most popular dish. Pieces lamb fillet from New Zealand cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy capers sauce
- Kuzu Pirzola (l,g) 35 € Lamb chops from New Zealand cooked over charcoal, mint jelly *
- Fillet of Finnish steak ( 180 g ) (l,g) 36 € Fillet of Finnish steak ( 180 g ) cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce, pan fried vegetables and baked potato slices (l,g)
- Biber Bonfile (l,g) 43 € Istanbul’s fillet steak is well known in Oulu. Fillet of steak ( 200 g. ) from Finland cooked over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce à la Istanbul *
- Selection of chargrilled meat 35 € Finnish petite tender and sirloin steak and spicy Turkish sausage cooked over charcoal, baked potato slices and pul fiber mayonnaise and coleslaw
The Turks are masters of the barbecue because this way of cooking has always been part of the traditional way of cooking, thanks to a nomad tradition in the Middle Asia. Mutton and lamb have a central role in the Turkish kitchen. The animals are used completely, even the most peculiar parts.
- House Falafel (l,g) 25 € Chickpea balls, jasmin rice, tzatsiki and ezme
- Vegetable pot à la Istanbul (l) 25 € Vegetables, beans, mushrooms and halloumi cheese in a pot covered with bred
- Imam Bayildi - Swooning Imam (l,g) 25 € Aubergine gratin and jasmin rice
- Vanilla ice cream à la Istanbul and pomegranate sauce (l,g) 9 €
- Kadayif served with halva ice cream à la Istanbul (l) 13 € Sweet pastry filled walnuts
- Turkish coffee Crème Brûlée (l,g) 12 €
- Chocolate mousse cake and chocolate raki ice cream à la Istanbul (l,g) 14 €
- Oven baked halva served with vanilla ice cream à la Istanbul (l,g) 12 €
- Jameson Irish Coffee (l,g) 13,50 € Jameson 4 cl
Tuesday – Friday 17 – 23
Saturday 15 – 24
We recommend booking a table in advance.
Terassille emme valitettavasti ota pöytävarauksia.
Restaurant Istanbul Oriental
Kauppurienkatu 11 L
Reservations and inquiries
You can reserve a table in the restaurant via Internet 3 days beforehand. We will contact you in the way you prefer and confirm your reservation.
Reservations for the same day only by phone.
Phone +358 8 3112 922