Welcome to enjoy the best recipes of Istanbul and Ankara area and Mediterranean landscapes. The dishes of our restaurant are cooked with exceptional skills and grilled on a genuine charcoal grate.
Traditional house style made bred served our special garlic butter is included all the dishes. Extra bred 3,50 €.
- Tzatziki, hummus and ezme (l,g) 12 €
- Tomato soup served with feta cheese (l,g) 12 €
- Tiger prawns and sweet chili pepper jam (l,g) 16 €
- Escargots à la istanbul (l,g) 13,50 €
- Finnish pan fried ram testicles and honey joghourt (l,g) 16 €
- Meze à la restaurant / for two persons (l) 38 € Assorted Turkish appetizers
In Turkey dinner begins with small starters, meze. Meze consist of variety of small dishes. Our meze-plate is an excellent proof of the richness of the Turkish kitchen and a great example of the Turkish way of life.
- Traditional Adana (l) 28 €
- Oriental Adana (l,g) 28 €
- Iskender-kebap (l) 28 €
- Bahri´s Kebap Gratin (ll,g) 28 €
Lamb minced meat from Sea Lapland cooked on a wide skewer over charcoal in a way of the Adana city.
- Karides (l,g) 36 € Tiger prawns cooked on a skewer over charcoal, pan fried vegetables and jasmin rice
- Chargrilled Salmon, hollandaise sauce and pan fried vegetables (l,g) 28 €
- Tavuk Shish (l,g) 27 € Pieces of chicken thigh from Finland cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce sauce *
- Creamy lamb pot, jasmin rice (l,g) 27 € Made from Sea Lapland sheep meat
- Kuzu Shish (l,g) 35 € Our most popular dish. Pieces lamb fillet from New Zealand cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy capers sauce
- Kuzu Pirzola (l,g) 35 € Lamb chops from New Zealand cooked over charcoal, mint jelly *
- Biber Bonfile (l,g) 43 € Istanbul’s fillet steak is well known in Oulu. Fillet of steak ( 200 g. ) from Finland cooked over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce à la Istanbul *
- Goat cheese steak (ll,g) 43 € Fillet of steak ( 200 g. ) from Finland cooked over charcoal with goat cheese served on a bed of vegetables and tomato sauce
- Mixed Grill for two (l,g) 98 € / plate for two Consists of 5 different kind of meat from Finland and New Zealand, creamy pepper sauce, tomato sauce, pan fried vegetables and creamy garlic potatoes
The Turks are masters of the barbecue because this way of cooking has always been part of the traditional way of cooking, thanks to a nomad tradition in the Middle Asia. Mutton and lamb have a central role in the Turkish kitchen. The animals are used completely, even the most peculiar parts.
- House Falafel (l,g) 25 € Chickpea balls, jasmin rice, tzatsiki and ezme
- Vegetable pot à la Istanbul (l) 25 € Vegetables, beans, mushrooms and halloumi cheese in a pot covered with bred
- Imam Bayildi - Swooning Imam (l,g) 25 € Aubergine gratin and jasmin rice
- Vanilla ice cream and pomegranate sauce (l,g) 7,50 €
- Kadayif served with vanilla ice cream (l) 12 € Sweet pastry filled walnuts
- Turkish coffee Crème Brûlée (l,g) 12 €
- Mint choclate cake and blackcurrant sauce (l,g) 12 €
- Oven baked halva served with vanilla ice cream (l,g) 12 €
- Jameson Irish Coffee (l,g) 13,50 € Jameson 4 cl
Tuesday – Friday 17 – 23
Saturday 15 – 24
We recommend booking a table in advance.
Terassille emme valitettavasti ota pöytävarauksia.
Restaurant Istanbul Oriental
Kauppurienkatu 11 L
Reservations and inquiries
You can reserve a table in the restaurant via Internet 3 days beforehand. We will contact you in the way you prefer and confirm your reservation.
Reservations for the same day only by phone.
Phone +358 8 3112 922