Welcome to enjoy the best recipes of Istanbul and Ankara area and Mediterranean landscapes. The dishes of our restaurant are cooked with exceptional skills and grilled on a genuine charcoal grate.
Traditional house style made bred served our special garlic butter is included all the dishes. Extra bred 4 €.
- Tzatziki, hummus and ezme (l,g) 12 €
- Shrimps with mango chutney (l,g) 16 €
- Escargots à la istanbul (l,g) 16 €
- Finnish pan fried ram testicles and honey joghourt (l,g) 16 €
- Tomato soup served with feta cheese 13 €
- Sucuk and halloumi 15 €
In Turkey dinner begins with small starters, meze. Meze consist of variety of small dishes. Our meze-plate is an excellent proof of the richness of the Turkish kitchen and a great example of the Turkish way of life.
- Oriental Adana (l,g) 33 €
- Iskender Kebap (l) 33 €
- Bahri´s kebap gratin ( ll, g ) 32 €
- Beyti Kebap ( l ) 33 €
- Kebap-pita 27 €
- Beef tenderloin pita 29 €
Lamb minced meat from Finnish Sea Lapland cooked on a wide skewer over charcoal in a way of the Adana city.
- Karides (l,g) 39 € Shrimps cooked on a skewer over charcoal, pea herb dressing, pan fried vegetables and jasmin rice
- Tavuk Shish (l,g) 31 € Pieces of piri piri marinated chicken thigh from Finland cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce sauce *
- Creamy beef pot (l,g) 31 € Creamy beef pot and jasmin rice. Made from finnish fillet of steak
- Kuzu Shish (l,g) 40 € Our most popular dish. Pieces lamb fillet from New Zealand cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy capers sauce
- Kuzu Pirzola (l,g) 46 € Lamb chops ( 400 g ) from New Zealand cooked over charcoal, mint jelly *
- Fillet of Finnish steak ( 180 g ) (l,g) 46 € Fillet of Finnish steak ( 180 g ) cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce, pan fried vegetables and baked potato slices (l,g)
- Biber Bonfile (l,g) 54 € Istanbul’s fillet steak is well known in Oulu. Fillet of steak ( 200 g ) from Finland cooked over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce à la Istanbul *
- Selection of chargrilled meat 47 € Finnish petite tender and fillet of steak and spicy Turkish sausage cooked over charcoal, baked potato slices and pul fiber mayonnaise and coleslaw
The Turks are masters of the barbecue because this way of cooking has always been part of the traditional way of cooking, thanks to a nomad tradition in the Middle Asia. Mutton and lamb have a central role in the Turkish kitchen. The animals are used completely, even the most peculiar parts.
- Vegetable pot à la Istanbul (l) 27 € Vegetables, beans, mushrooms and halloumi cheese in a pot covered with bred
- Imam Bayildi - Swooning Imam (l,g) 29 € Aubergine gratin and jasmin rice
- Vanilla ice cream à la Istanbul and pomegranate sauce (l,g) 9 €
- Turkish coffee Crème Brûlée (l,g) 14 €
- Jameson Irish Coffee (l,g) 13,50 € Jameson 4 cl
- Cherry sorbet with Creme Patissiere 12 €
- Baklava and ice cream à la Istanbul 14 €
- Chokolate mousse cake with vanilla ice cream 14 €
- Menu Anatolia 67 € Shrimps with mango chutney, Kuzu Shish and Turkish coffee Creme Brulee
- Menu Oriental 68 € Sucuk and hallloumi, Kuzu Pirzola, Balkava with icecream
- Menu Topkapi 69 € Tomato soup with feta cheese, Selection of chargrilled meat, Vanilla icecream a`la Istanbul
Tuesday – Friday 17 – 23
Saturday 15 – 24
We recommend booking a table in advance.
Restaurant Istanbul Oriental
Kauppurienkatu 11 L
Reservations and inquiries
You can reserve a table in the restaurant via Internet 3 days beforehand. We will contact you in the way you prefer and confirm your reservation.
Reservations for the same day only by phone.
Phone +358 8 3112 922