Welcome to enjoy the best recipes of Istanbul and Ankara area and Mediterranean landscapes. The dishes of our restaurant are cooked with exceptional skills and grilled on a genuine charcoal grate.
Traditional house style made bred served our special garlic butter is included all the dishes. Extra bred 3,50 €.
- Tzatziki, hummus and ezme (l,g) 12 €
- Tomato soup served with feta cheese (l,g) 12 €
- Shrimps with mango chutney (l,g) 16 €
- Escargots à la istanbul (l,g) 14 €
- Finnish pan fried ram testicles and honey joghourt (l,g) 16 €
In Turkey dinner begins with small starters, meze. Meze consist of variety of small dishes. Our meze-plate is an excellent proof of the richness of the Turkish kitchen and a great example of the Turkish way of life.
- Beyti-kebap (l) 28 €
- Oriental Adana (l,g) 28 €
- Iskender-kebap (l) 28 €
- Bahri´s Kebap Gratin (ll,g) 28 €
Lamb minced meat from Finnish Sea Lapland cooked on a wide skewer over charcoal in a way of the Adana city.
- Karides (l,g) 36 € Shrimps cooked on a skewer over charcoal, pea herb dressing, pan fried vegetables and jasmin rice
- Chargrilled Salmon, tzatziki and pan fried vegetables (l,g) 28 €
- Tavuk Shish (l,g) 27 € Pieces of chicken thigh from Finland cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce sauce *
- Creamy lamb pot, jasmin rice (l,g) 27 € Made from Finnish Sea Lapland sheep meat
- Kuzu Shish (l,g) 35 € Our most popular dish. Pieces lamb fillet from New Zealand cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy capers sauce
- Kuzu Pirzola (l,g) 35 € Lamb chops from New Zealand cooked over charcoal, mint jelly *
- Fillet of Finnish steak ( 180 g ) cooked on a skewer over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce, pan fried vegetables and baked potato slices (l,g) 36 €
- Biber Bonfile (l,g) 43 € Istanbul’s fillet steak is well known in Oulu. Fillet of steak ( 200 g. ) from Finland cooked over charcoal, creamy pepper sauce à la Istanbul *
The Turks are masters of the barbecue because this way of cooking has always been part of the traditional way of cooking, thanks to a nomad tradition in the Middle Asia. Mutton and lamb have a central role in the Turkish kitchen. The animals are used completely, even the most peculiar parts.
- House Falafel (l,g) 25 € Chickpea balls, jasmin rice, tzatsiki and ezme
- Vegetable pot à la Istanbul (l) 25 € Vegetables, beans, mushrooms and halloumi cheese in a pot covered with bred
- Imam Bayildi - Swooning Imam (l,g) 25 € Aubergine gratin and jasmin rice
- Vanilla ice cream à la Istanbul and pomegranate sauce (l,g) 9 €
- Kadayif served with halva ice cream à la Istanbul (l) 13 € Sweet pastry filled walnuts
- Turkish coffee Crème Brûlée (l,g) 12 €
- Chocolate mousse cake and chocolate raki ice cream à la Istanbul (l,g) 14 €
- Oven baked halva served with vanilla ice cream à la Istanbul (l,g) 12 €
- Jameson Irish Coffee (l,g) 13,50 € Jameson 4 cl
Tuesday – Friday 17 – 23
Saturday 15 – 24
We recommend booking a table in advance.
Terassille emme valitettavasti ota pöytävarauksia.
Restaurant Istanbul Oriental
Kauppurienkatu 11 L
Reservations and inquiries
You can reserve a table in the restaurant via Internet 3 days beforehand. We will contact you in the way you prefer and confirm your reservation.
Reservations for the same day only by phone.
Phone +358 8 3112 922